The Haebler Group, a well-established, mid-size, award-winning construction company located in Vancouver, has an opportunity for Construction Site Superintendent. Our ideal candidate has over 10 years of work experience in commercial construction and would have wood frame and concrete experience.
Skills and Requirements:
- 10 years of site superintendent experience, overseeing jobs at $3–20 million range
- Wood frame and concrete experience
- Trade or technical certificate is a plus
- Knowledge of building code and high-quality building standards
- Knowledge of WorksafeBC requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain the construction schedule
- Create and maintain look ahead schedules
- Coordinate the sub-trades for maximum efficiency and in accordance with the schedule
- Timesheets and daily dairies
- Manage manpower
- Order supplies and materials
- Obtain the necessary inspections and approvals during the progress of work
- Maintain safe working practices and conditions at all timesTo apply, email your resume with a cover letter to: [email protected] We offer competitive remuneration. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Senior Project Manager
Since 1959, The Haebler Group, a Vancouver B.C. based General Contractor has taken tremendous satisfaction in delivering value to our customers and seeing a project well done. We are not volume driven. Instead, we are motivated by customer satisfaction – meaning we constantly assess how we can improve quality, costs or timeframe, and work closely with all parties to increase the value we deliver. Our portfolio includes a broad range of project types over several decades. Projects undertaken include; Institutional, Residential and Heritage Restoration projects with values ranging from $5m to $40m. We have many long term, established relationships with clients, trades and consultants locally. This allows us to carefully select which projects we undertake.
The Senior Project Manager is a key member of the management team. This will include being hands on with running a project(s) while also having broader management responsibility. Responsibilities will include troubleshooting issues, mentoring Project Managers, assisting with overall business strategy, and adding value during the pre-construction and tendering process. You will be a key point of contact for important ongoing client relationships and have input to project pursuit and staffing decisions.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Senior Project Manager with local experience and a relevant technical education (Engineering, Architecture, Construction). You will have personally managed construction projects with values of $30m+. We are looking for a dynamic, detail oriented individual who enjoys a challenging and fast-pace working environment. Ideally you have managed a small team previously but we will also consider those that have been focused purely on project execution and are keen to step up into a broader management level role. We need someone that is happy to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the details as well as contributing to strategic decision making.
You will join a dynamic and cohesive management team with a track record of successfully building quality projects of which they can be proud. You will be well compensated for your hard work and will have the opportunity to work with a capable and engaged executive team. If you are suitably qualified and are interested in having a confidential discussion about the opportunity, we want to hear from you.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established and well respected team in a leadership role. To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send your resume to [email protected]