Construction Project Manager
Haebler has an exciting opportunity for Construction Project Manager. Ideal candidate has over 5 -10 years of work experience in commercial, institutional, or residential construction. This full-time role allows for the opportunity for growth and develop within the company while being involved in interesting and rewarding construction projects.
The position includes carrying out all functions of construction management on one or several projects, including cost, schedule and quality control and understanding contracts and sub-contracts.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5 – 10 years of construction project management experience, overseeing jobs at least in the $5 – $35 million range
- Basic estimating skills including understanding of both concrete and wood frame construction
- College diploma or university degree / Gold Seal Certification an asset
- Knowledge of Building Code and High-Quality Building Standards
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC requirements
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Can work independently and as a team member
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of 1 or 2 of the companies projects
- Set up and maintenance of cost reports, including invoicing, change orders, budgets, cash flow projections
- Schedule set up and maintenance, including critical items, work analysis, diaries
- Job site and co-ordination visits, dealing with design changes, inspections, code, technical and deficiency issues
- Negotiation, preparation, administration and enforcement of subcontracts, including change orders, dispute resolution, monitoring of sub-trades.
To apply, email your resume with a cover letter to: [email protected]
We offer competitive remuneration, incl. benefits and profit sharing. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted. Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will be rejected and will not be viewed.